16 New Year’s Resolutions for Book Lovers – #fanfun
1. You promise yourself you won’t add any more books until you finish your TBR (to be read) pile.
2. You promise to stop using everything but a cool bookmark to keep your place.
3. You’ll donate books that have been sitting on your shelf to another reader.
4. You promise to finally read that classic novel you’ve been meaning to for years.
5. You promise to read a book by an author you haven’t tried before.
6. You promise to get your shelves organized.
7. You promise to tackle some huge series like Game of Thrones or the Memory House Collection.
8. You promise to smile when your book club picks a title that doesn’t appeal to you.
9. You promise you won’t judge people when they tell you what their favorite book is.
10. You promise to read a different genre at least once this year.
11. You promise to stop babbling on about the current book that you are obsessed with when you know your friends are zoning out.
12. You promise to explore literary haunts where you live or make a trip to see.
13. You promise to be patient when someone interrupts your reading time.
14. You promise not to spend all your bookstore gift cards in one trip.
15. You promise not to care when you lend a book to a friend. It’s in good hands.
16. You promise not to stop reading and maybe even fit in some more reading this year!
A version of this article appeared on BuzzFeed – http://www.buzzfeed.com/farrahpenn/new-year-new-books?bffbbooks&utm_term=.lyO6RZJyG#.kyNV4P3kA