Welcome to another fun-filled collection of fanciful libations from Naomi Blackburn of The Pub and Grub Forum. To check out all of Naomi's recipes for both food and drink visit her at http://thepubandgrubforum.blogspot.com
MID-WEEK MIXERS by Naomi Blackburn
This month is Mimosa Month on Midweek Mixers found only on Bette Lee Crosby's Words, Wit and Wisdom.
I have to admit that regular mimosas bore me to tears. Although, they are one of my son's favorite drinks, I could really do without them. I like the concept though and wanted to do something a bit more fruity or with nice varieties of tastes.
This month I will be featuring a number of Naomi Blackburn originals including:
- The Citrus Mimosa
- The Hawaiian Mimosa
- The Jamaican Mimosa
- The Holiday Mimosa-a step above the traditional mimosa
So, toss aside that orange juice and come along for the ride.
The Citrus Mimosa is a nice blend of citrus fruits partnered with triple sec and a pink moscato. There result is a nice sweet drink that has a slight bite of grapefruit flavor to it. Without further adieu…
The Citrus Mimosa
1 grapefruit, juiced 1/2 lemon juiced 1/2 lime, juiced 2 ounces triple sec Pink Moscato, VERY CHILLED sugar for rims
1) Rim champagne flutes with sugar and place in freezer to set. This can be done ahead of time.
2) In a very large shaker or a pitcher, combine juices and triple sec. Shake well. Chill until ready to use.
3) Pour 2 oz of juice in prepared flute and top with the moscato.
4) Garnish with lemon and lime slices, if desired