Jalapeno Poppers and a Margarita – #southerncomfort
12 medium jalapeno chiles
1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
12 hickory-smoked bacon slices, cut in half
24 wooden picks
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut each chile in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes.
2. Stir together cream cheese, chicken, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Spoon 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons chicken mixture into each chile half, spreading to fill cavity. Wrap each half with a bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick. Place poppers on a lightly greased wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
3. Bake in preheated oven until bacon begins to crisp and chiles are softened, about 25 minutes. Increase oven temperature to broil, and broil until bacon is crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
CLICK HERE for the full recipe
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups Cedar-Infused Tequila or any white, silver, gold tequila
1 1/4 cups fresh lime juice
1/2 cup orange liqueur (such as Cointreau)
Limes, thinly sliced
1. Bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil over medium-high heat; boil, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature (about 30 minutes). Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 week.
2. Stir together sugar mixture, tequila, lime juice, and orange liqueur in a pitcher. Serve over ice with lime slices.
CLICK HERE for the full recipe.