Try this Southern Style Green Beans Recipe – Southern Comfort
Nothing's better than southern style green beans cooked slow with lots of bacon and butter and even a dash of vinegar if you're feeling daring. What is your favorite green bean recipe?
4 slices bacon, diced
2 pounds green beans, ends snapped off and longer beans snapped in half
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon butter, optional
1. Brown and crisp bacon in a large pot. Remove bacon from pot and reserve.
2. Add green beans to pot along with all remaining ingredients, except butter.
3. Bring to a boil and then turn heat to medium/low. Cover and simmer for 12 hours, stirring occasionally.
4. Drain beans and add butter if using.
5. Sprinkle with bacon and toss to distribute the bacon and butter.
Recipe by Spicy Southern Kitchen at http://spicysouthernkitchen.com/southernstylegreenbean