MID-WEEK MIXERS …Recipes for fun by Naomi Blackburn
I was surfing around somewhere, probably Pinterest, and saw a picture for Watermelon Sangria with no recipe. My mouth started watering as I love sangria, particularly on a hot summer day! So, I went exploring, but the only recipes I found were for vodka based sangrias and overpowered with watermelon, which weren't thrilling me…AT ALL. So, as usual, I went to concocting and this is whatI came up with. We all loved this drink!
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 bottle white wine (medium/sweet)
1 cup brandy
1/3 cup lime juice
4 cup watermelon chopped
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup Triple Sec
2 cups chopped watermelon
2 limes sliced
1 pint blueberries
1) In a small sauce pan, bring sugar and water to a boil until sugar melts. This is the simple syrup. Set aside to cool.
2) In a one gallon container, pour wine, simple syrup, brandy, orange juice, Triple Sec
3) In a blender, blend 4 cups watermelon and lime juice. Pour into one gallon container.
4) Add the chopped fruit to the gallon container.
5) Place in refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
6) Serve over ice and with lots of the fruit. Along with a straw, I give a spoon to eat the fruit which has soaked up the drink!
For more great food and drink recipes visit Naomi at http://thepubandgrubforum.blogspot.com
Two of my favorite things!